[CentOS] Configure LAGG Interface?

Cal Sawyer cal-s at blue-bolt.com
Mon Aug 6 17:22:31 UTC 2012

In my experience, LAG/LACP won't provide aggregatation, only failover
and fault tolerance.  For link aggregation, you don't need to configure
the switch ports - just set bonding to mode=6 for balanced
transmit/receive and plug up the the NICs to a group of ports on the
switch.  However, balance-alb doesn't help with single stream rsync/FTP
sessions, etc, but helps a lot with concurrent transmits/receives as
encountered in typical fileserver scenarios.

- c