[CentOS] About Nagios Mail notification

Tilman Schmidt t.schmidt at phoenixsoftware.de
Fri Aug 10 22:41:33 UTC 2012

Am 10.08.2012 22:15, schrieb m.roth at 5-cent.us:
> jiten jha wrote:
>> Dear Friends,
>>
>> I have installed Nagios core on my Centos 6.2 server with mailx , postfix.
>> But I do not know how to configure mail notification , check mail
>> notification is working  or not . I searched on google but not able to
>> search any good answer so please help me friend
>
> google  nagios mail notification gets a ton of hits.

Which might be exactly the problem here.

A (metric) ton of Google hits usually contains 999.999 kilograms of
forum postings advising you to use Google, telling you that you really
don't want what you are asking for, and similar useless drivel,
effectively hiding the one gram of information you are looking for.

<hhgg>I've gone off the idea of Google. It's overrated.</hhgg>

SCNR,
T.