[CentOS] Missing dependency in C6 ISO

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 09:38:37 UTC 2012

Greetings,

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> On 08/1
> The actual problem is that there are 3 things that provide libotf.so.0
> and one of them is openmpi-psm.  There is a newer version of openmpi
> that obsoletes that rpm and yum can handle it, but anaconda can not
> handle that obsolete. Because of that, it breaks the installation.
>
> This issue should be taken care of on the 6.4 ISOs.
>
> So, if you do not install openmpi items, you should be OK.

Thanks Johnny for the information.

I guess I don't need MPI as these systems mostly are the one or two in
network Mostly so/ho/home and mostly are desktop class boxes -- no
ipmi and the sort.

I will remember that.

I do install clustering (without any fencing device or manual fencing
of course) and virtualization as frequently I have to give training /
demo / POC / Gentle intro to HA, virtualization and the such.

--
Regards,

Rajagopal