[CentOS] Good Anti-virus for Linux desktops and servers

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 07:40:59 UTC 2012

> the only method I know that works consistently is to block all direct
> web and ssl access and force use of a web proxy, so the SSL is between
> the remote server and the proxy server, which is your security gateway.

The way I've handled this in previous places when the requirement has
existed is a company CA cert installed on all corporate devices (windows
with AD makes this very easy) and man in the middle everything.

There's no browser security errors then and the unencrypted data is visible
for security inspection.

Of course if doing this make sure you notify in the AUP for the company
employees have to sign and agree to abide by etc etc...