[CentOS] vi defaults in 6.x

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Aug 16 20:23:09 UTC 2012

Les Mikesell wrote:

>>> I discovered exactly the same behaviour in the Sylpheed email editor a
>>> few
>>> weeks back. Not only with cut-and-paste, but just typing into the
>>> editor
>>> window.  If a line starts with # then every following line after that
>>> also
>>> gains one as you type.
>>
>> Huh. I just tried it, KDE, rxvt, CentOS 6.3, and don't see that.
>> # ipmitool -o supermicro sel list
>>    1 | 08/15/2012 | 20:06:32 | Physical Security #0xaa | General Chassis
>> intrusion | Asserted
>> gets just that.
>
> It is probably trying to be smarter than we are and doing something
> context-sensitive.  Try naming the file you are editing something.pl.

Odd. vi trythis.pl, then I highlight from another window
# semanage fcontext -a -t httpd_sys_content_t '/mipav-svn(/.*)?'
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts.local:  line 5 has
invalid regex mipav-svn/(*):  Invalid preceding regular expression

, and that's what I get, with two lines.

       mark