[CentOS] Loading drivers during "linux rescue"

Jobst Schmalenbach

jobst at barrett.com.au
Thu Aug 23 09:05:02 UTC 2012

Hi

I got a new Adaptec 6405 card with a set of new harddrives.
Problem that I assumed that the card had kernel drivers, which it has but only from 2.6.39 onwards.

I installed the kmod-aacraid drivers, they see the card and drives, fine.

However, I need to get a "linux rescue" to work, thus I need to load the drivers during the boot of the resuce disk.
How do I do this?

thanks
Jobst

--