[CentOS] I cannot find the package: kernel-headers-2.6.32-71.29.1 in centos mirror list

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Mon Aug 27 08:39:20 UTC 2012

On 08/27/12 1:09 AM, Kris zhang wrote:
> Thanks for your reply, i understand your suggestion, but our system is
> built on centos6.0

your system is built on a nearly 2 year old system with no security
patches or bug fixes?   are you setting your self up for failure?

kernel 2.6.32-71 is from 2010-11-10, there have been probably 1000
separate patches made to the EL6 kernel since then, never mind the rest
of the distribution.

CentOS 6.0 was actually obsolete the day it was released, as RHEL had
already released 6.1, which CentOS followed with in a matter of weeks.

the product is EL6, the .0, .1, .. are merely security rollups of the
ongoing stream of updates and patches.