[CentOS] NTOP alternatives?

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 02:32:37 UTC 2012

Have you tried Darkstat - it's a nice very very lightweight alternative

> http://unix4lyfe.org/darkstat/

I installed it on Centos 6.2 (64 bit VM). It is pretty light.

I would like to know on which host should I install it on LAN?

gateway Machine, proxy Server or any host on that LAN?

I just installed on a host On  a LAN. But, It does NOT show All the host on
the LAN.

It does NOT show my mail gateway. It is on the same LAN.

Then, How can get actual traffic on my LAN ?

Anyway, If clicked host link, It shows in , out , total traffic? It is
bytes?

I think it is in byte?

ntop has more info though.

I have used this since long time. many options. very difficult to
understand.

what about bandwidthd ?  I have tried twice. On which host, Should I
install it to see network traffic my lan?

really like to hear from you.

Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya