[CentOS] kernel-debuginfo

Thu Aug 2 09:35:40 UTC 2012
Peter Kjellström <cap at nsc.liu.se>

On Tuesday 26 June 2012 08.25.35 Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 06/26/2012 08:17 AM, Tair Sabirgaliev wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm trying systemtap on CentOS 6.2 kernel-2.6.32-220.23.1.el6.x86_64. My
> > problem is that I can't find kernel-debuginfo... corresponding to my
> > kernel
> > version.
> > Where can I find the debuginfo for the latest CentOS kernel?
> kernel-debug is included in the repos, you should be able to get that in
> the same place as you got the kernel rpms from, using the same mechanism.

Note that kernel-debug contains a debug version of the normal kernel NOT
debuginfo for the normal kernel.

debuginfo for the normal kernel is named kernel-debuginfo (and kernel-
debuginfo-common) and is only available on vault/debuginfo (and some select
mirrors like mirror.nsc.liu.se/centos-debuginfo).

...there is even debuginfo for the -debug kernel and this is (not
surprisingly) named kernel-debug-debuginfo[-common..].

/Peter