[CentOS] KVM as a desktop

Tue Aug 28 14:23:37 UTC 2012
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

I am nearing the end of a project that moved our disparate services
and hosts onto kvm virtualized servers.  What I am now contemplating
is setting up my desktop as a virtual host and using one of the guests
as my primary workstation.

However, I am not sure how this would work in practice.  I am
accustomed to working with virtual instances via ssh (a terminal
window) and with my desktop system in a Gnome window manager.  Is
there a reference somewhere that outlines the mechanics of logging
into a virtual guest's graphical desktop directly from the physical
console of the kvm host system?

Canada  L8E 3C3