[CentOS] Urgent help on replacing /var

Fri Aug 3 11:31:58 UTC 2012
Leonard den Ottolander <leonard at den.ottolander.nl>

Hello Emmanuel,

On Fri, 2012-08-03 at 18:52 +0800, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
> Turning off selinux allowed me get the system running.
> However, after running fixfiles to restore the context for /var, I
> still cannot boot to init 5, with the choke point now NFS statd.

If you copied a live /var over to the new partition you might have
issues from stale lock files that prevent services from
starting. /var/lock/subsys/nfsd comes to mind in this particular case.
If the service ain't running that file shouldn't be there.

I don't think stale pid files are as troublesome but it doesn't hurt to
have a look at /var/run as well.

Regards,
Leonard.