[CentOS] About Nagios Mail notification

Fri Aug 10 22:53:32 UTC 2012
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 12:41:33AM +0200, Tilman Schmidt wrote:
> Am 10.08.2012 22:15, schrieb m.roth at 5-cent.us:
> > jiten jha wrote:
> >> Dear Friends,
> >>
> >> I have installed Nagios core on my Centos 6.2 server with mailx , postfix.
> >> But I do not know how to configure mail notification , check mail
> >> notification is working  or not . I searched on google but not able to
> >> search any good answer so please help me friend

When saying something like that it's good to mention a few examples of the search terms
you're using--too often, people say I googled, and it didn't work, but
didn't really google.

I would try using the article at the CentOS wiki on nagios--even though it's dated, it's still one
of the best docs on nagios (which generally has horrible docs, at least it did when I set it up years ago).

See how far you get with that.

I'm assuming that generally, using the mail command on your machine works.  If it doesn't, then notifications
won't work either.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

 Joyce: But maybe, we could spend some time together soon? Some night
when I'm not being held hostage by a raving psychotic.