[CentOS] About Nagios Mail notification

Sat Aug 11 01:44:59 UTC 2012
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 12:57:57AM +0100, Phil Dobbin wrote:
> Scott Robbins wrote:
>

> > I would try using the article at the CentOS wiki on nagios--even though it's dated, it's still one
> > of the best docs on nagios (which generally has horrible docs, at least it did when I set it up years ago).
> >
> > See how far you get with that.
> >
> > I'm assuming that generally, using the mail command on your machine works.  If it doesn't, then notifications
> > won't work either.
>
> Bear in mind OP posted the same question to the debian list
> simultaneously substituting Debian server for CentOS & also maybe
> English may not be his first language & as we all know even native
> English speakers don't speak English too cleverly half the time on Google.

Ah, that's not so good.    However, seriously, I remember when I was
assigned to set up nagios, and until I found Max's articles, I was at sea
myself.

Squeeze, Beefy, Snow Leopard, Precise--one could make a song out of
that--or maybe it's a good title for a band.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: How could you let her go?
Giles: As the soon-to-be-purple area on my jaw will attest,
I did not 'let' her go.