[CentOS] Eth1 problem on CentOS-6.3

Wed Aug 15 19:56:24 UTC 2012
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Wed, August 15, 2012 09:26, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> My eyes uncrossed, and I saw, buried in there, the firstlink, above,
> and the last. You might want to see if a) the 8168d firmware patch
> will work on that card; b) vhost - it's a virtual host? perhaps it's
> trying to load the firmware patch to the real NIC, and as a guest
> VM, it doesn't have rights?

vhost is a kvm host system, not a virtualized guest.  As I wrote
elsewhere, I installed the kmod package from elrepo that handles this
device, which solution I believe you may have originally suggested to
me.  In any case, that seems to have solved the problem (fingers
crossed).

Thanks for the help.  I appreciate it very much.

Sorry about your eyes.  But when things are totally unfamiliar to me I
hesitate to trim error logs lest out of ignorance I remove what is
really important.

Canada  L8E 3C3