[CentOS] OT: what are all these probes from my firewall log????

Sat Aug 18 05:08:47 UTC 2012
fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 09:18:01PM -0600, Devin Reade wrote:
> fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 09:20:52PM -0700, John R Pierce wrote:
>
> >> this is on your eth0 side, I'm assuming thats the WAN side of your
> >> firewall/gateway ?    if so, then yes, I imagine its something at your
> >> ISP, you might ask them what these are.
> >
> > Yup, that's the WAN side of the router. I'll go yell at them, probably
> > tomorrow.
>
> I wouldn't bother.

thanks for the info. I didn't really expect to get any swift action,
I kinda figured "it is what it is, like it or lump it" would be their
response. but I still might drop them an email with some log excerpts
just to see how they respond. I'm retired, I have plenty of time! :)