[CentOS] 6.3 missing updates and packages

Sun Aug 19 16:56:49 UTC 2012
Leonard den Ottolander <leonard at den.ottolander.nl>

Hello Akemi,

On Sat, 2012-08-18 at 11:52 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> Producing an accurate list of "missing packages" is tricky -- mainly
> because you need access to RHN.

Even though RHN of course is the ultimate resource you can get pretty
far by just checking the Technical notes for 6.1, 6.2 and 6.3.

Perhaps someone with RHN access could double check the availability of
these packages, although the information extracted from the TNs suggests
most of the ones I mentioned are indeed available upstream. So far only
"report" seems to be discontinued.

Here is what I found:

> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Leonard den Ottolander
> <leonard at den.ottolander.nl> wrote:
>
> > Missing packages:
> > be2net-4.0.160r-3.el6_1
TN 6.1 new addition, parts TP
TN 6.2 parts continued as TP, security fix, bug fix
TN 6.3 parts continued as TP, bug fix

> > bnx2-2.2.1.32.269-1.el6_2
TN 6.1 mentioned in relation with dracut-network

> > bnx2fc-1.0.10.32.269-1.el6_2
TN 6.2 parts continued as TP
TN 6.3 parts continued as TP

> > bnx2i-2.7.2.1.32.269-1.el6_2
TN 6.1 new addition, parts TP, bug fix
TN 6.2 parts continued as TP, enhancement
TN 6.3 parts continued as TP

> > bnx2x-1.72.00_0.32.269-1.el6_2
TN 6.1 bug fix
TN 6.2 bug fix
TN 6.3 mentioned in relation with libvirtd

> > cdrkit-1.1.9-11.el6
No mention in any TN, no mention that it has been removed either though.

> > clustermon-0.16.2-18.el6
TN 6.2 bug fix update
TN 6.3 bug fix update

> > cnic-2.5.10.32.269-1.el6_2
TN 6.1 new addition, parts TP

> > compat-gcc-295-2.95.3-86.el6
> > compat-gcc-296-2.96-144.el6
> > compat-gcc-32-3.2.3-69.el6
No mention in any TN, perhaps a CentOS policy not to build these?

> > ding-libs-0.1.2-9.el6
TN 6.1 new package
TN 6.3 bug fix update

> > hpwdt-1.2.0-2.el6_0
No mention in any TN, no mention that it has been removed either though.

> > hunspell-no-2.0.10-5.1.el6
Mention of hunspell in TN 6.1 and 6.2 in relation to other packages

> > igb-3.0.6_k-2.el6_1
TN 6.1 bug fix update
TN 6.2 enhancement update

> > iprutils-2.3.9-2.el6
TN 6.1 enhancement update
TN 6.2 bug fix + enhancement update
TN 6.3 bug fix + enhancement update

> > ixgbe-3.4.8_k-3.el6_1
TN 6.1 bug fix + enhancement update
TN 6.2 bug fix update

> > kdebindings-4.3.4-5.el6
No mention in any TN, no mention that it has been removed either though.

> > libehca-1.2.2-3.el6
No mention in any TN, no mention that it has been removed either though.

> > libica-2.1.0-2.el6
TN 6.1 bug fix update
TN 6.2 bug fix + enhancement update

> > librtas-1.3.4-2.el6
TN 6.3 mentions librtas-devel as a build requirement for lsmcode

> > libservicelog-1.1.9-6.el6
TN 6.3 bug fix update

> > lsvpd-1.6.10-5.el6
TN 6.1 mentioned in relation with libvpd
TN 6.2 man page update
TN 6.3 bug fix update

> > mlx4_core-1.1.32.269-1.el6_2 If from libmlx4 then still behind
> > mlx4_en-2.0.32.269-1.el6_2 If from libmlx4 then still behind
> > mlx4_ib-1.0.32.269-1.el6_2 If from libmlx4 then still behind
TN 6.3 mlx4_en driver update (obsolete parameters)
TN 6.3 mention of mlx4 in relation to a DMA leak, memory allocation
failure

> > mpitests-3.2-5.el6 Actually available as mpitests-subs, but behind
> > C6 @ 3.2-4.el6
This is a missing update.

> > openssl-ibmca-1.2.0-2.el6_2.1
TN 6.2 bug fix + enhancement update

> > ovirt-node-1.9.3-28.1.el6
TN 6.2 bug fix
TN 6.3 bug fix

> > powerpc-utils-1.2.10-2.el6 Not included because CentOS does not
support
> > power?
> > ppc64-diag-2.4.2-10.el6 Not included because CentOS does not support
> > power?
> > ppc64-utils-0.14-10.el6 Not included because CentOS does not support
> > power?

> > report-0.18-9.el6
TN 6.1 bug fix update
TN 6.2 discontinued BZ#725660, superceded by abrt and libreport

> > s390utils-1.8.2-48.el6
TN 6.1 bug fix update
TN 6.2 bug fix + enhancement update
TN 6.3 bug fix + enhancement update

> > servicelog-1.1.7-3.el6
(IBM p)
TN 6.3 bug fix update

> > snd_core-1.0.21.6.3.0-1.el6_2
> > snd_hda-1.0.21.6.3.0-1.el6_2
> > snd-hda-1.0-1.el6_0 Package apparently renamed and split, neither
> > snd-hda, snd_core nore snd_hda available
TN 6.3 "BZ#805658 The WinFast VP200 H (Teradici) snd-hda-intel audio
device has been added, and is recognized by the alsa driver."

> > tg3-3.122-2.el6_2
TN 6.1 mentioned in relation with qemu-kvm
TN 6.2 mentioned in relation with kdump and VPD
TN 6.3 bug fix update

> > virt-who-0.6-6.el6
TN 6.2 new package
TN 6.3ge	 bug fix + enhancement update

> > xorg-x11-drv-geode-2.11.12-1.el6
TN 6.2 bug fix + enhancement update

> > xorg-x11-drv-neomagic-1.2.5-1.el6
TN 6.2 bug fix + enhancement update

> > yaboot-1.3.14-39.el6
(IBM p)
TN 6.1 bug fix update
TN 6.2 bug fix update
TN 6.3 bug fix update

> > zaf-0-0.3.20080714svn.1.el6
No mention in any TN, no mention that it has been removed either though.

Regards,
Leonard.