[CentOS] 6.3 missing updates and packages

Mon Aug 20 10:53:10 UTC 2012
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 08/19/2012 11:56 AM, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Hello Akemi,
>
> On Sat, 2012-08-18 at 11:52 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>> Producing an accurate list of "missing packages" is tricky -- mainly
>> because you need access to RHN.
> Even though RHN of course is the ultimate resource you can get pretty
> far by just checking the Technical notes for 6.1, 6.2 and 6.3.
>
> Perhaps someone with RHN access could double check the availability of
> these packages, although the information extracted from the TNs suggests
> most of the ones I mentioned are indeed available upstream. So far only
> "report" seems to be discontinued.
>
> Here is what I found:
>
>> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Leonard den Ottolander
>> <leonard at den.ottolander.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> Missing packages:
>>> be2net-4.0.160r-3.el6_1
> TN 6.1 new addition, parts TP
> TN 6.2 parts continued as TP, security fix, bug fix
> TN 6.3 parts continued as TP, bug fix

These are kmods no longer apply to 6.3 kernels ... look in vault

>>> bnx2-2.2.1.32.269-1.el6_2
> TN 6.1 mentioned in relation with dracut-network

These are kmods no longer apply to 6.3 kernels ... look in vault

>>> bnx2fc-1.0.10.32.269-1.el6_2
> TN 6.2 parts continued as TP
> TN 6.3 parts continued as TP

These are kmods no longer apply to 6.3 kernels ... look in vault

>>> bnx2i-2.7.2.1.32.269-1.el6_2
> TN 6.1 new addition, parts TP, bug fix
> TN 6.2 parts continued as TP, enhancement
> TN 6.3 parts continued as TP

These are kmods no longer apply to 6.3 kernels ... look in vault

>>> bnx2x-1.72.00_0.32.269-1.el6_2
> TN 6.1 bug fix
> TN 6.2 bug fix
> TN 6.3 mentioned in relation with libvirtd

These are kmods no longer apply to 6.3 kernels ... look in vault

>>> cdrkit-1.1.9-11.el6
> No mention in any TN, no mention that it has been removed either though.
>
>>> clustermon-0.16.2-18.el6
> TN 6.2 bug fix update
> TN 6.3 bug fix update
>
>>> cnic-2.5.10.32.269-1.el6_2
> TN 6.1 new addition, parts TP

These are kmods no longer apply to 6.3 kernels ... look in vault

>>> compat-gcc-295-2.95.3-86.el6
>>> compat-gcc-296-2.96-144.el6
>>> compat-gcc-32-3.2.3-69.el6
> No mention in any TN, perhaps a CentOS policy not to build these?
>
>>> ding-libs-0.1.2-9.el6
> TN 6.1 new package
> TN 6.3 bug fix update
>
>>> hpwdt-1.2.0-2.el6_0
> No mention in any TN, no mention that it has been removed either though.

kmod for 6.0, no longer applicable for 6.3 kernels.

>>> hunspell-no-2.0.10-5.1.el6
> Mention of hunspell in TN 6.1 and 6.2 in relation to other packages
>
>>> igb-3.0.6_k-2.el6_1
> TN 6.1 bug fix update
> TN 6.2 enhancement update

These are kmods no longer apply to 6.3 kernels ... look in vault

>>> iprutils-2.3.9-2.el6
> TN 6.1 enhancement update
> TN 6.2 bug fix + enhancement update
> TN 6.3 bug fix + enhancement update

PPC only, not supported

>>> ixgbe-3.4.8_k-3.el6_1
> TN 6.1 bug fix + enhancement update
> TN 6.2 bug fix update

These are kmods no longer apply to 6.3 kernels ... look in vault

>>> kdebindings-4.3.4-5.el6
> No mention in any TN, no mention that it has been removed either though.
>
>>> libehca-1.2.2-3.el6
> No mention in any TN, no mention that it has been removed either though.
>
>>> libica-2.1.0-2.el6
> TN 6.1 bug fix update
> TN 6.2 bug fix + enhancement update

s390 only, not supported

>>> librtas-1.3.4-2.el6
> TN 6.3 mentions librtas-devel as a build requirement for lsmcode
>
>>> libservicelog-1.1.9-6.el6
> TN 6.3 bug fix update

ppc only, not supported

>>> lsvpd-1.6.10-5.el6
> TN 6.1 mentioned in relation with libvpd
> TN 6.2 man page update
> TN 6.3 bug fix update

ppc only, not supported

>>> mlx4_core-1.1.32.269-1.el6_2 If from libmlx4 then still behind
>>> mlx4_en-2.0.32.269-1.el6_2 If from libmlx4 then still behind
>>> mlx4_ib-1.0.32.269-1.el6_2 If from libmlx4 then still behind
> TN 6.3 mlx4_en driver update (obsolete parameters)
> TN 6.3 mention of mlx4 in relation to a DMA leak, memory allocation
> failure

These are kmods no longer apply to 6.3 kernels ... look in vault.

>>> mpitests-3.2-5.el6 Actually available as mpitests-subs, but behind
>>> C6 @ 3.2-4.el6
> This is a missing update.
>
>>> openssl-ibmca-1.2.0-2.el6_2.1
> TN 6.2 bug fix + enhancement update

s390 only, not supported

>>> ovirt-node-1.9.3-28.1.el6
> TN 6.2 bug fix
> TN 6.3 bug fix
>
>>> powerpc-utils-1.2.10-2.el6 Not included because CentOS does not
> support
>>> power?
>>> ppc64-diag-2.4.2-10.el6 Not included because CentOS does not support
>>> power?
>>> ppc64-utils-0.14-10.el6 Not included because CentOS does not support
>>> power?

ppc not supported

>>> report-0.18-9.el6
> TN 6.1 bug fix update
> TN 6.2 discontinued BZ#725660, superceded by abrt and libreport

in vault, not applicable to 6.3 because of obsoletes.

>>> s390utils-1.8.2-48.el6
> TN 6.1 bug fix update
> TN 6.2 bug fix + enhancement update
> TN 6.3 bug fix + enhancement update

s390, not supported

>>> servicelog-1.1.7-3.el6
> (IBM p)
> TN 6.3 bug fix update

ppc only, not supported

>>> snd_core-1.0.21.6.3.0-1.el6_2
>>> snd_hda-1.0.21.6.3.0-1.el6_2
>>> snd-hda-1.0-1.el6_0 Package apparently renamed and split, neither
>>> snd-hda, snd_core nore snd_hda available
> TN 6.3 "BZ#805658 The WinFast VP200 H (Teradici) snd-hda-intel audio
> device has been added, and is recognized by the alsa driver."

These are kmods no longer apply to 6.3 kernels ... look in vault.

>>> tg3-3.122-2.el6_2
> TN 6.1 mentioned in relation with qemu-kvm
> TN 6.2 mentioned in relation with kdump and VPD
> TN 6.3 bug fix update

These are kmods no longer apply to 6.3 kernels ... look in vault.

>>> virt-who-0.6-6.el6
> TN 6.2 new package
> TN 6.3ge	 bug fix + enhancement update
>
>>> xorg-x11-drv-geode-2.11.12-1.el6
> TN 6.2 bug fix + enhancement update
>
>>> xorg-x11-drv-neomagic-1.2.5-1.el6
> TN 6.2 bug fix + enhancement update
>
>>> yaboot-1.3.14-39.el6
> (IBM p)
> TN 6.1 bug fix update
> TN 6.2 bug fix update
> TN 6.3 bug fix update

ppc only, not supported

>>> zaf-0-0.3.20080714svn.1.el6
> No mention in any TN, no mention that it has been removed either though.
>
> Regards,
> Leonard.

So, that still leaves the following that I am looking into:

cdrkit-1.1.9-11.el6
clustermon-0.16.2-18.el6
compat-gcc-295-2.95.3-86.el6
compat-gcc-296-2.96-144.el6