[CentOS] proftp drives me crazy ....

Tue Aug 21 09:46:45 UTC 2012
Götz Reinicke <goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de>

Am 21.08.12 11:41, schrieb Karanbir Singh:
> Hi,
>
> On 08/21/2012 10:29 AM, Götz Reinicke wrote:
>> I installed proftpd from Centos repository to my Centos 6.3 server.
>
> CentOS does not ship proftpd - so you might want to check where you got
> it from.

/("&§ repositories; it's from rpmforge. Sorry.

>> can be wrong? Or what may I have to change?
> look at the log files on the server to see what is reported, then read
> the config files to make sure there is authentication setup.
>
> Or even better, get rid of proftpd and just install vsftpd which should
> work out of the box on a CentOS machine ( and its included in the CentOS
> repos )

I'll try vsftpd.

> Also, have you considered trimming your signature a bit ? at 23 lines
> its a bit over the usual 4 lines that most people stick with on mailing
> lists.

Sorry for that much mail signature, but that's our company policy and
have to use it that way...

	Thanks & Regards . Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: