[CentOS] OT: Tool for monitoring traffic IP reception

Fri Aug 31 06:07:29 UTC 2012
C. L. Martinez <carlopmart at gmail.com>

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Leon Fauster
<leonfauster at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 30.08.2012 um 11:52 schrieb C. L. Martinez:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am searching some lightweight tool to control when rsyslog didn't
>> receive events from a
>> specific host or group of hosts for x minutes/seconds.
>

> What are your goals?
>
> What about monitoring the system itself?
>

>> Only a simple tool to send an email when an alert is triggered, I
>> don't need flat tools like zabbix or similars.
>>
>> Does anyone know any?
>

> https://mon.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page
>
> not comparable to SEC but could also be used to monitor an (local) event.

I only need to send an alert if syslog process doesn't receives logs
from x hosts in a defined time. Only this ... I don't need to check if
syslog process is alive (this is monitored by a Zabbix or Nagios, I am
not sure) ...