[CentOS] Spamassassin under CentOS-6.3

Fri Aug 31 14:57:01 UTC 2012
Mihamina Rakotomandimby <mihamina at rktmb.org>

On 08/31/2012 04:56 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> It appears to be running OK, but only catches about 20% of my spam.

If you have old rules and as far as spam evolves, that situation is "fair"

> I wonder if others have experienced this decline?

No.

> I suspect that sa-learn is not performing properly.
> (I run sa-learn nightly on my spam,
> which is saved in ~/Maildir/.Spam/cur/ ,
> through the default spamassassin installation.)

- how old is the Spam to feed sa-learn with?
- what weight do you give to bayesean detection?

> Eg I receive more or less identical spam many times
> without it being caught.
>

> Also, about 35% of the spam that gets through
> is in foreign languates - Russian, Chinese, Arabic and Turkish -

Those are local langages for some...

> One difficultly I have is that there seem many places
> where one can make changes in spamassassin settings.
> Am I right in thinking that all such changes can be made
> in .spamassassin/user_prefs ?

Seems OK

> What should I put in this file to change the score for eg
>    3.5 BAYES_99               BODY: Bayes spam probability is 99 to 100%

Advices:
- SA can be asked to report the scores in one header: make it reports
and analyze the scoring
- SA has a mailingg list you could also trigger in order to help

--
RMA.