[CentOS] How to configure sendmail

Vlad K. vlad at haronmedia.com
Mon Dec 3 00:27:02 UTC 2012

On 12/02/2012 08:53 PM, Todd Cary wrote:
> PHP that is straight, however I am learning how to use Concrete5
> for my local Rotary club and it apparently needs sendmail.

Are you sure it requires the Sendmail MTA, or just the sendmail
(compatible) binary (which is actually what PHP requires by default to
send out mail)? If the latter, consider using ssmtp or similar if you
already have an MTA in your network (especially if it is already
configured with DKIM, SPF, etc...), just keep in mind to configure it
securely (ie. using TLS especially if using authentication). Otherwise
default installation of Postfix works out of the box, you might just
want to adjust the `myhostname` setting.

--

.oO V Oo.

Work Hard,
Increase Production,