[CentOS] Adding Update repository at install time

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Dec 4 22:06:53 UTC 2012

On 12/04/2012 04:58 PM, Natxo Asenjo wrote:
>>> You can use the --cost option in the repo section
>>> (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Kickstart#repo).
>>>
>>> This works for me:
>>>
>>> repo --name="Centos" --baseurl=http://host/mrepo/centos6-i386/RPMS.os
>>> --cost=100
>>> repo --name="Centos updates"
>>> --baseurl=http://host/mrepo/centos6-i386/RPMS.updates --cost=100
>>
>> I am in the install at the selection of which type of install (I chose Web
>> Server). So 'Add Additional software repositories' does not have any cost
>> item in the dialog box.
>>
>> Do I just name the repo "Centos updates" and point to my URL?
> I'm sorry, I am afraid I misunderstood the question. I thought you
> wanted to modify a kickstart file, my mistake (for me netinstalls
> equal pxe and unattended, but it does not have to be).

I have always used a local repo as faster and more assured than CD/DVD.
Back when you had to stuff in 5 CDs (pre-DVD days for me) too often a CD
failed in the middle of the install, so I got in the habbit of using a
local repo for at least the OS. With Fedora, I added a local update repo
as well to eliminate a 2-pass install.

I HAVE used kickstart files where I would do an install, mess around,
then blow it away and install again.