[CentOS] yumex ?? Where art thou?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Dec 5 18:17:15 UTC 2012

On 12/05/2012 12:47 PM, SilverTip257 wrote:
> Don't need a GUI!  ;)
>
> It's been ages since I've used CentOS with a GUI (my desktop at the time).
> There's a Add/Remove Software application in the menu somewhere.

I also don't 'run' CentOS with a GUI, but jumping into Centos 6.3 from
5.3, I felt there would be enough that I would have to do to warrant
starting out with the GUI on a test installation. In my production
systems (the 5.3 ones still running), I would install Gnome, but set
inittab to level 3 and use VNC when I needed more than just an SSH
connection.