[CentOS] centos 6.2_x86_64, get black screen with blinking cursor after select item from GRUM menu.

yihect yihect at 163.com
Sun Dec 9 03:05:02 UTC 2012

At 2012-12-09 00:09:24,"Kai Schaetzl" <maillists at conactive.com> wrote:
>Yihect wrote on Sat, 8 Dec 2012 21:31:54 +0800 (CST):
>
>> initrd /initramfs-2.6.32-kdev-v1.img
>
>compare!

Oh, yeah, that's my mistake, a small but deadly one.  Thanks~~ Kai!

By the way, in default, the initramfs image made using mkinitrd cmd is too big
to put into my /boot partition. I have to changed /etc/dracut.conf file to build
initramfs only to boot my current hardware.

And in other hand, I found if I use the big one in my kvm vm, it can't work again,
just show me a black screen with one blinding cursor in top-left corner. But if use
the size-reduced one, it works well. So my question is why, why the big initramfs
can't work. Any suggestions??