[CentOS] /tmp directory

Cliff Pratt enkiduonthenet at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 00:18:59 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 9:57 PM, Leon Fauster
<leonfauster at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 10.12.2012 um 18:01 schrieb Rudi Ahlers:
>> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>
> i would suggest another point of view - what should use tmp?
> Users, Admins speak humans or scripts, apps speak machines?

It's for whatever you like to use it for that you don't mind losing. I
sometimes put packages there that I am going to install, sometimes
script temporary files, sometimes data files I want to look at, eg
chunks of log files. Some packages (eg Apache Tomcat) seem to use it
too. I've used it for script generated scripts too.

Cheers,

Cliff