[CentOS] web mail and Squirrelmail

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 17:54:20 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 7:50 AM, SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Comcast's customer mail system runs on Zimbra.  I've used it some when
> helping out family members and I'm not overly impressed by it.  I just
> think the Zimbra webmail GUI is a bit clunky and slow ... but then again
> that could be related to other factors I didn't investigate.
>
> slightly Off Topic:
> I'm shocked that Comcast still only offers POP3 access and (so far) does
> not offer IMAP. I suppose it's not something they care to do or build out
> all the storage required to store more mail.  Setting a POP3 client to
> leave mail on the server works, but IMAP is better.  ;)

I just forward mine to a free gmail account...  And gmail's web
interface is very configurable as long as you don't mind the ads too
much.  I like having it set to auto-advance though the inbox when you
archive or delete as you read.   And the web version stays in sync
with imap and mobile client views.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com