[CentOS] yum vs. freenx

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 21:22:05 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at softdux.com> wrote:

>> Is there any way (besides being awake when you do it...) to keep
>> freenx updates from killing yum mid-transaction if you run the update
>> in a freenx session?   Normally I ssh in from a session on a different
>> host but sometimes forget...
>>

> maybe run is through screen?

It works fine to just ssh in from somewhere else without needing
screen.  The problem is when I forget and start the yum update from a
window where freenx on the same box is the parent session.   I don't
need yet another way to connect - I'm looking for something to either
improve my memory (unlikely...) or to keep the freenx package update
from breaking the connection in progress when I forget and run it
there.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com