[CentOS] Virtual Machine Manager Centos 6

Theo Band

theo.band at greenpeak.com
Sat Dec 22 16:18:42 UTC 2012

I upgrade to CentOS6 from 5. The new (well, for me at least)
virt-manager is much changed with respect to the one in 5. I miss cpu
usage percentage and memory usage (both in percentage and the absolute
amount). Is there a way the get this information quickly in an overview?

I just want to have an idea of how much memory is consumed by the
virtual machines and if there is enough free for a new machine. This
information and the cpu info I need to decide if a machine should be
migrated to another host.

When I used Xen in the past, it was easy. xm list just showed a column
with memory. Then I went over to KVM and could only use virsh list. Or
virsh dominfo, but that is per virtual host. So since then simply
started virt-manager.

Theo