[CentOS] Excluding file systems from autorelabel

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Thu Dec 27 21:52:23 UTC 2012

On 12/27/2012 12:40 PM, Harold Pritchett wrote:
> If you want to do this on a regular basis, just script the whole
> thing, including a script called from /etc/rc.d/rc.local which checks
> for a semaphore file created by the first script and does the
> uncomment and "mount -a" if the first script has been run.

That seems entirely unnecessary and pointlessly complex.

As there doesn't seem to be any support for
/etc/selinux/fixfiles_exclude_dirs in any production release of CentOS,
the simplest option is to add "noauto" to the fstab entry for the volume
and mount it after sysinit, possibly in rc.local.

Perhaps that seems less onerous to me than it does to other people.  I
mount my "home" and backup filesystems after boot so that I don't need
to store the encryption keys in order to allow unattended boot.