[CentOS] Live CD iso

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 23:42:12 UTC 2012

On 12/29/2012 09:37 PM, John R Pierce wrote:

> On 12/29/2012 2:46 AM, James Freer wrote:
>>> I'm with BT Infinity in the UK. Unmetered & 75 MBps down & 15 up.
>>
>> hmm - i think i need to have a word with BT! But i don't see how you
>> can be unmetered and then 75 down and 15 up tbh. Bit more learning and
>> exploring necessary. Nice to know someone on the list is fron the UK.
>
> I believe he meant his SPEEDS are 75Mbit/sec and 15Mbit/sec, not data caps.

Correct, I do mean speeds. As for data caps, it's advertised as
unlimited & Nagios is telling me I have 17 machines on the local network
& more than a couple of those are heavy hitters & I've never been capped
or emailed to cut it out (I've also got a wife & three kids who game
heavily every night).

True, there is a very minimal throttling that happens sometimes at peak
hours between about 18:00 & 21:00 very occasionally but it's negligible.

All in all, I'm very, very happy with the service.

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical,