[CentOS] iptables 1.4 and kernel 2.6 CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_STATE

Tue Dec 4 01:09:26 UTC 2012
Miguel González Castaños <miguel_3_gonzalez at yahoo.es>

Hi,

   I have a VPS running Centos 6.2 and trying to run this iptables rule:

   [root at myserver ~]# iptables -A INPUT -i venet0 -m state --state
ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.

   Narrowing down the issue it seems there is no IP_CONNTRACK support
but now it's called NF_CONNTRACK. However following this link:

   http://www.spinics.net/lists/netfilter/msg33535.html

   I have found that I don't have CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_STATE support.

   Unfortunately this virtuozzo VPS is not using modules:

   [root at vrtl13369 ~]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by

   How can I enable that CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_STATE support in my kernel?
I prefer to stick to the kernels provided by the repos and not recompile
my own kernel.

   Regards,

   Miguel