[CentOS] Adding Update repository at install time

Wed Dec 5 13:06:43 UTC 2012
Nux! <nux at li.nux.ro>

On 04.12.2012 20:50, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> This is easy with Fedora, as the various 'common' repos are listed
> and
> all I have to do is change the URL....
>
> Anyway, I am doing a netinstall of Centos 6.3 i386 from my local
> repo.
> I also have the updates repo.  How can I add the updates repo so that
> get it up to snuff right away (like I have been doing with Fedora for
> quite some time)?
>
> thanks.

Hi,

Yes, you can simply add another repo, name it whatever you want (e.g.
updates) then add the local path, e.g.
http://192.168.0.1/centos/6/updates/x86_64/
I do this all the time when I install, too (though I use the PXE method
to initialise it).

Nux!
www.nux.ro