[CentOS] courier mail for Centos

Thu Dec 6 14:15:33 UTC 2012
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 08:42:05AM -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Are there existing rpms for courier mta?

Not by any reputable repo, no.  Use dovecot which is supplied by CentOS.

> http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual-users-and-domains-with-postfix-courier-mysql-and-squirrelmail-fedora-14-x86_64

People _really_ must stop following garbage like howtoforge.  This site
inevitably advises to disable selinux and more often than not to do the
same with your firewall.  Both actions are foolhardy, at best, and
downright reckless otherwise.

Sigh, I just made the mistake of browsing through that article and I
fear I have given myself brain cancer as a result.  Using Fedora's F14
postfix which is no longer supported in any way by Fedora; patching it
making it even more difficult to maintain on your own; the inevitable
"You should make sure that the firewall is off (at least for now) and
that SELinux is disabled (this is important!)." recommendation, etc.

Bleah.

Really, just forget that site exists.

							John
--
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing
exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the

-- Herman Melville (1819-1891), novelist and poet