[CentOS] courier mail for Centos

Sun Dec 9 03:00:12 UTC 2012

On 12/07/2012 04:56 PM, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> On 12/6/2012 8:42 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> Are there existing rpms for courier mta?
>>
>> I am working from:
>>
>> http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual-users-and-domains-with-postfix-courier-mysql-and-squirrelmail-fedora-14-x86_64
>>
>> And am making progress with postfix and mysql, but looking ahead to
>> other steps.  I see squirrelmail is in EPEL.
> I don't know of any rpms in the major repos.  However, the courier and
> courier-auth tarballs have spec files that make it VERY easy to build
> the rpms yourself.  You don't even have to unpack the tarballs.
>
> Ask on the courier mailing list.  Very friendly and the developer is
> active on the list.

I have excellent instructions on using CourierMail. All packaged up very
nicely.

But I felt it would be 'good' to switch to the Centos 'supported'
server, Dovecot.

So I subscribed to the Dovecot mailing list and described what I wanted
to do and asked for pointers to a tutorial to set it up that way. Well
that was back on Friday morning. On reply yet...