[CentOS] SOS: Production VM not starting!

Mon Dec 10 23:24:05 UTC 2012
Nikolaos Milas <nmilas at noa.gr>

On 11/12/2012 1:07 πμ, Eero Volotinen wrote:

> Is this really error? I

Thanks for replying.

Don't know, but it hangs there forever (at least it appears so - haven't
waited more than half an hour, but it's already too much).

> maybe you need to disable selinux before trying to mount rescue environment?

Hmm, selinux is already disabled. How can I adjust selinux settings in
the rescue environment?

> How about installing new vm and just copying files and settings to it?

I would like to avoid it, if possible. I would still need to somehow
make this one visible on the network, to be able to copy large data files.

My next bet would be to restore from backup, but I would rather make the
current VM work.

> Can you boot this vm to single user mode ?

No, it gets stuck at the same point as well.

Any ideas why it keeps waiting forever at that point?

Thanks,
Nick