[CentOS] yum --security not detecting security updates

Tue Dec 18 16:53:19 UTC 2012
Terry <td3201 at gmail.com>

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Frank Cox <theatre at melvilletheatre.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:38:22 -0600
> Terry wrote:
>
>> Limiting package lists to security relevant ones
>
> What does it tell you if you don't limit the package lists to security relevant
> ones?
>
> The current version of Centos 5 is 5.8 and the kernel is 2.6.18-308.24.1.el5,
> so you're rather behind the times.

Completely agree on behind the times.  It says we have 261 available.
But wouldn't the security update procedure I put below still grab
security updates?  I may update our procedures to do full updates
rather than just security but it's not working as expected so crossing
that off first.

Thanks!