[CentOS] web mail and Squirrelmail

Wed Dec 19 14:26:08 UTC 2012
Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt at phoenixsoftware.de>

Am 19.12.2012 05:03, schrieb Gregory P. Ennis:
> Are there any opensource web based alternatives to squirrelmail.  Do any
> of you use squirrlmail.  How do you like it.

We have been using Squirrelmail for years on two servers
without any problem.

Recently we switched one of the servers to Horde because
some users said the Squirrelmail user interface looked
too old-fashioned. Now we have problems:
- much higher server load
- considerable increase in support calls
- users receiving lots of mail complain that it takes much
  longer to process it
- users cannot change their own sasldb passwords anymore
- users cannot manage their own SIEVE filter rules anymore

I'm on the point of reverting to Squirrelmail.

I contemplated Roundcube but read that it's a hog for big
mailboxes, which would be a showstopper.

HTH
T.

--
Tilman Schmidt