[CentOS] web mail and Squirrelmail

Wed Dec 19 17:39:02 UTC 2012

On 12/18/2012 11:03 PM, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> Are there any opensource web based alternatives to squirrelmail.  Do any
> of you use squirrlmail.  How do you like it.

I am getting set up for a major mail rebuild moving from
F12/Postfix/Mysql/CourierMail/Squirrelmail

to Centos6/Postfix/Mysql/Dovecot/Roundcube following this tutorial:

http://www.campworld.net/thewiki/pmwiki.php/LinuxServersCentOS/Cent6VirtMailServer

I am still working my way through understanding postfixadmin and how it
builds the sql tables.  I am not in too much of a hurry and hope to
improve on the tutorial, like replacing his modified postfix.cf with
postconf commands.

It is nice that Centos6 has moved to defaulting with Postfix with Mysql
support already installed.  Doveoct comes as an rpm which is better than
building CourierMail.  But I am interersted in what others have
experienced for the webmail usage.  I don't have many users on my
handful of domains, so I am not concerned about heavy loads.  But a good
experience is just that.  Good.  :)