[CentOS] looking for lxc rpm for centos 6.2 x86_64

Mon Feb 6 13:44:54 UTC 2012
Barry Brimer <lists at brimer.org>

> On 02/06/2012 11:48 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> Just on a fresh CentOS 6.2 minimal install, it doesnt find lxc:
>>    [mihamina at dev-spare ~]$ sudo yum install lxc
> I have a lxc stack that works for me, but till such time as I can test
> it a bit more am hesitant to make it public. If you are happy to help
> test the packages, do get in touch.
>
> Rumour is still strong that RH will drop in a lxc in-distro soon ( but
> then the same was being said pre6.1 and then again pre 6.2 )

According to the RHEL 6.2 Technical Notes at
<http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/6.2_Technical_Notes/index.html#kernel_issues>

Linux (NameSpace) Container [LXC]
     Linux containers provide a flexible approach to application runtime
containment on bare-metal systems without the need to fully virtualize the
workload. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 provides application level
containers to separate and control the application resource usage policies
via cgroup and namespaces. This release introduces basic management of
container life-cycle by allowing creation, editing and deletion of
containers via the libvirt API and the virt-manager GUI. Linux Containers
are a Technology Preview.

Barry