[CentOS] Is there a way to _remove_ dependencies from an RPM built from source?

Sun Feb 26 20:29:05 UTC 2012
Michael Lampe <lampe at gcsc.uni-frankfurt.de>

Frank Cox wrote:

>> Gimme a trick: How to unregister an implicit but formally unavailable
>> runtime dependency in a spec file?
>
> I've given you the solution twice.  Here is a more detailed description of the
> exact lines that you need to edit in the spec file:
>
> http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/s1-rpm-depend-manual-dependencies.html

We are talking about different things:

My stuff is linked against 'libfoo'. When the package is finally build,
it records this depedency because of that. Now this package requires
libfoo to be installed. It's there but not registered with rpm!

That's what I want to get rid of. Something like 'Unrequire' perhaps. Or
another trick: IIRC, at some time taking the x bit from libs achieved
that, but it's not working anymore since quite some time.