[CentOS] GUI login issues over NFS

Tru Huynh

tru at centos.org
Wed Feb 1 10:44:52 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 03:10:15PM -0500, Michael Weiner wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Tru Huynh <tru at centos.org> wrote:
> > no other idea for the moment.
>
> Tru -
>
> I think i *MAY* have this figured out. When you do 'ibrix_fs -i' is
> compatibility set to no? If so, are you a 64-bit client only shop? I
> am wondering if our having the 64-bit mode set is causing the
> problems.

I did my tests on c5/c6 x86_64 only.

> [root at lri-brix01 temp]# ibrix_fs -i
> FileSystem: ibrix
> =================
> Total Segments                :  24
> STATE                         :  Mounted
> Mirrored?                     :  No
> Compatible?                   :  No

[root at xxxxxx2 ~]# ibrix_fs -i
FileSystem: ibfs1
=================
Total Segments                :  4
STATE                         :  Mounted
Mirrored?                     :  No
Compatible?                   :  Yes,MaxSegments=63

I don't have account on the ibrix machine.

imho: this should be fixed by HP/ibrix support team.
Good luck,

Tru
--
Tru Huynh (mirrors, CentOS i386/x86_64 Package Maintenance)