[CentOS] gtar compression achieved

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 20:58:57 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> 'Deploying' amanda is a matter of installing the rpm and editing a
> couple of config files about the tape drive, tapes, targets, and
> holding space.  And maybe some firewall tweaking - but nothing really
> complicated.   You get a lot of coverage of 'real-world' problems
> already built in that will be hard to match in a new program, but you
> do have to think the way it does...

Well then I guess thinking the way it does is what I was having issues
with.
I did have trouble wrapping my head around it.   And after a fair bit of
googling (and if I'm not mistaken asking on this list) I really could find
no examples of a configuration as simple as the one I was looking for.

I'm happy where I am.   It is all very basic stuff (knock on wood - hee,
hee).  And I've got stuff that Amanda cannot possibly have since it is very
specific to our environment.