[CentOS] Building CentOS 6.2 custom install media

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Feb 3 17:54:54 UTC 2012

Hi Daniel,

On 02/03/2012 04:30 PM, Daniel Drake wrote:
> For the OLPC school server ("XS") we are planning to move from our
> dated F9 setup to CentOS 6.2. Thanks for all the effort involved in
> producing this distro.

Excellent news!

> One important part of this project is a 'respin' of the install media
> - we need to add a handful of packages from external repositories, and
> maybe run a command late in the install.
>
> Are the scripts/configurations used to produce the CentOS official
> CD/DVDs available? I guess this would be our most reliable/sensible
> starting point.
>
> I am familiar with pungi, kickstart, anaconda, etc, so just a simple
> git link would be enough to get me started.

We only use that scripts included in the anaconda-runtime stack - I'm
away to Fosdem this weekend ( are you guys around ? ) back in town on
Monday, would love to help you guys make this transition.

Essentially, the repo included on disk/in-media/in-mirror is a snapshot
in time from the buildsys, with a bunch of tests run against it and an
install image built around it. Depending on what you are trying to do
and what the most desirable goal might be, I'll be happy to help build a
process for that.

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax