[CentOS] network intermitent, not sure if virtualization issue

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Fri Feb 3 21:02:17 UTC 2012

On 02/03/2012 03:55 PM, Bob Hoffman wrote:
> On the virtual machine, which is having the issue, this is my eth0
> (I have been commenting out things to see if anything changes the issue.)

Looks fine.

> on the main machine which experiences no problems.
>
> eth0 and 1 onboard, eth 2 add on card, all are the same except
> hwaddress, uuid, etc.

Looks fine, assuming of course that the DEVICE and HWADDR are different. :)

> (tried playing with bonding mode, but got nowhere there, again, the host
> machine never has an issue)

Are you bonding for performance or reliability?

Bridge config looks fine, too.

> not sure why vnet0 shows up in ifconfig, it is there and sometimes it is
> not depending on boot....

Are you using KVM? I assume so. Regardless, the 'vnetX' interface is the
link between the VM and the bridge. Think of it as your virtual network
cable. As such, it exists when the VM exists, and is deleted when the VM
migrates or is shut down.

What does 'cat /proc/net/bonding/bond0' show on either node?

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com