[CentOS] configure network bridge listing bridged intefaces

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Sun Feb 5 20:38:13 UTC 2012

On 02/03/2012 05:07 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
> Searching the web I only found about creating a file
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br0, but did not find where to
> explicitely list what ports will be bridged.
>
> Where is it configured?

For reference:

As far as I know, bridged networking is only really documented for
virtualization, but this link covers creation of a bridge and adding a
single interface to it, and disabling iptables for bridges:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Virtualization/sect-Virtualization-Network_Configuration-Bridged_networking_with_libvirt.html

You'd simply set up both eth2 and eth3 as eth0 is set up in that example.

The options available in ifcfg files are documented in:
/usr/share/doc/initscripts-*/sysconfig.txt