[CentOS] advice on having php 5.2.x:

Peter Peltonen peter.peltonen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 10:07:34 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 7:33 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby
<mihamina at rktmb.org> wrote:
> I'll have to rebuild a source RPM in order to have what I want:
> - Which base should I install for a php 5.2 VM? 6.2 or 5.7?
> - Which release of CentOS had a php 5.2 source rpm that I could just
> rebuild without too much extra patching?

There is a PHP 5.2 RPM for CentoOS5 in the testing repo:

http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/SRPMS/

So I would go with CentOS 5.7 and use that as the base. Those RPMs
might even provide you what you need without the need to recompile
your own?

Best,
Peter