[CentOS] Building CentOS 6.2 custom install media

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Feb 9 21:30:07 UTC 2012

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> I guess I have just described pungi there - and maybe that is our
> answer. But I have yet to find a report of someone using pungi to
> rebuild C6, and pungi is not included in RHEL/CentOS and isn't in EPEL
> either. I'd welcome your input on the best way to achieve this.

I got pungi working. I took the latest F13 version from Fedora koji,
and had to install the 'file' package before it would produce an
bootable initramfs. From that point, it worked brilliantly.

Scripts (albeit simple) will be pushed to the xs-0.7 directory of
http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/olpc-xs-builder within the next few
days.

Thanks,
Daniel