[CentOS] Startech USB21000S

Nataraj incoming-centos at rjl.com
Fri Feb 10 03:14:47 UTC 2012

On 02/09/2012 03:19 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> On 02/09/2012 08:19 PM, Phil Savoie wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Just wondering if anyone has had the occasion to use one of these for
>> usb networking with Centos 6.2.  Did it work out of the box?  Any
>> recommendations?  It uses the ax88178 chipset and is a gigabit usb
>> network adaptor.
>>
> Here:
> http://www.asix.com.tw/download.php?sub=driverdetail&PItemID=84
>
> it says you can download Linux driver for 2.6.9-2.6.13 kernel. I guess
> it should be in kernel...
>
> And there are this drivers:
> http://driverscollection.com/?H=AX88178&By=ASIX&SS=Linux

According to reviews on this web page, it may require kernel source to
compile necessary driver, but it does work.  Fedora 15 is supposed to
have drivers included, but don't know about Centos 6.2.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=33-114-046&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=33-114-046&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo>

Nataraj