[CentOS] Problems with Microsoft Forefront proxy with yum

Ross Walker rswwalker at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 03:22:34 UTC 2012

On Feb 9, 2012, at 10:57 AM, "C. L. Martinez" <carlopmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Giles Coochey <giles at coochey.net> wrote:
>> On 2012-02-09 15:35, C. L. Martinez wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>>  How can I configure yum to download updates when I need to
>>> authenticate to a Microsoft Forefront proxy?? I have tried to
>>> configure http_proxy variable as a
>>> "http_proxy="http://DOMAIN\\user:passwd@proxy:port/", but it doesn't
>>> works ... I have tried to set http_user and http_passwd also without
>>> luck.
>>>

>> By the way, precise instructions are not too difficult to find:
>>
>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=using yum with a proxy server
>>

>> --
>
> Yes Giles, but my problem is with a Forefront proxy when I need to use
> an AD to authenticate users ... With s squid proxy, it is easy to
> configure proxy options under yum.conf ...

I do yum through Forefront TMG and you need to set proxy to accept both Integrated and Basic authentication.

If you can't do that because of policy/politics see if port 80 from that box's IP can have anonymous access to the centos mirrors.

-Ross