[CentOS] yum update stuck...

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 14:50:59 UTC 2012

On 10/02/12 10:50, John Doe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Running Transaction
>    Updating       : selinux-policy                                           1/6
>    Updating       : kmod-r8168                                               2/6
> Working. This may take some time ...
>

> An hour later, still working...

Wow. These kmods can take quite some time to update/install in yum,
hence the informational message, but I've not yet seen one take an hour!

How many kernels do you have installed as time is proportional to the
number of kernels the module has to install against. Is it a
particularly slow/old system, maybe short on memory?